We are here to help

As your federal Senator I offer a range of services to the community including help from my staff with any enquiries or concerns you may have. Below are some examples but if you require further assistance, please give us a call.

Letters and Certificates of Congratulations

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.

If you or someone you know is celebrating such a milestone, we can assist you with a letter or certificate of congratulations. A Letter of Congratulations Request form can be filled in from our site.

You will need to provide supporting documentation like birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available, you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office.

Remember to allow enough notice time (generally 6 weeks).

Information and eligibility criterias are in this brochure.

Honours and Awards

The honours system recognises people of outstanding merit, and those who have committed themselves to service to the nation.

Members of the public, or a community group, may nominate individuals for the Order of Australia and Australian Bravery Decorations. Meritorious Service Awards are based on nominations from a specific organisation. The Department of Defence also nominates individuals for a range of service decorations.

Before you make your nomination, your should carefully consider whether the nominee has:

  • made a difference to their community or field of work?
  • brought distinction to their country?
  • exemplified the best sustained and selfless voluntary service?
  • demonstrated innovation and entrepreneurship?
  • carried the respect of their peers?
  • changed things, with an emphasis on achievement?
  • improved the lot of those less able to help themselves?
  • displayed great physical courage
  • displayed moral courage and vision in making and delivering tough choices?

For more detailed information about our system of awards and how to nominate, follow this link to the website.

Electoral Enrolment

If you are 17 or have recently turned 18, moved house or changed your name, you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form. To check your current enrolment details, visit the Australian Electoral Commission by clicking on the link below. Information concerning changes to enrolment deadlines are available from the website below: Australian Electoral Commission

Electoral Commission Victoria 

Letters of Support

We are happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding. We do require information to assist us in formulating our response, so a letter of support request form can be filled out online using the link below or requested from the office.

Please allow 2 weeks to process.

Government Grants

We are able to assist community groups, clubs and organisations apply for many grants that are available. For details of the types of grants available, please
visit the following websites:

Australian Flags

The Federal Government provides complimentary Australian flags to schools and non-profit organisations such as the RSL. Contact our office by phone or by email for information.